This week I wrote a couple posts that revolved around graphic & title design.
Inside the Edit: Dexter’s Opening Credits was all about the brilliance of one of my favorite title sequences. It was followed up by my own attempt a title graphic by animating the Athletic Nerd’s new logo. Today I wanted to share a couple of links that expand on those two posts.
The first deals with legendary opening titles and the second designing your own.
THE ART OF FILM & TV TITLE DESIGN
HOLLYWOOD MOVIE TITLES ON AETUTS+
AETUTS+ has been publishing an extensive series of video tutorials for months now that teach you how to recreate some amazing movie titles and graphics. You’ll find Inception, The Hunger Games, Transformers, Back to the Future, The Expendables, The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises and more…
Speaking of Batman…
CHRISTOPHER NOLAN TALKS FILMMAKING
There is a brilliant interview over on The Director’s Guild of America’s site that goes in depth with Christopher Nolan on his directing style.
I’m a massive fan of Nolan’s work as many are but not just because of the blockbusters like the Batman series or Inception. It’s the originality he pours into his films like Memento, The Prestige and Insomnia. Did I mention I can’t wait for The Dark Knight Rises?
Here are a 15 articles I’ve posted over the years about my favorite director and his work:
- The Dark Knight Rises Advertising Campaign Begins
- Batman Begins A Screenwriting Rewrite
- 10 Flicks: Movies With Unanswered Questions
- Why The Last Shot Of The Dark Knight Teaser Trailer Kicks Ass
- Battle Of The Teaser Trailers: The Dark Knight Rises vs The Avengers vs Spider-Man
- Movies That Changed Everything: The Dark Knight
- All Time Best: Meaningful Movie Quote
- Director Wars: Nolan vs Shyamalan 2
- Movie Hype: The Legend of Inception
- 10 Flicks: Movies That Make Me Feel Like Writing
- All Time Best: Movie Villain
- 10 Flicks: Movies From Awesome Directors
- Previously Viewed: The Prestige
- Gotham Falls, The Dark Knight Rises
- My Favorite Directors & Star Wars
Do you have a project you’d like to see promoted on The Athletic Nerd? Email me firstname.lastname@example.org.