WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE MEANINGFUL MOVIE QUOTE?
Many people who quote movies regularly usually turn to comedies or inside jokes for their material. We quote from movies like Dumb & Dumber or recite lines from the King of quotes himself, Arnold Schwarzenegger.
What about the quotes that stick with you because of their meaning. For me there have been so many lines that made me sit back and think about the big picture. Tiny lines of dialogue that have an enormous impact on the way I see the world. Spoken words that influence the way I see myself. It sounds a little dramatic but that’s the point. It’s a big reason why I love movies. Sometimes, a writer comes up with a line that sticks with you. Sometimes, it’s only you. A private inside joke that you turn to when you face a difficult challenge or even your worst fear.
Meaningful movie quotes can appear in pretty much any type of movie. You never know when one will hit home but it’s inspiring every single time.
- “Find a truly original idea. It is the only way I will ever distinguish myself. It is the only way I will ever matter.”
- “Mama always said life was like a box a chocolates, never know what you’re gonna get.”
- “Behind this mask is an idea… and ideas are bulletproof.”
- “Find a job you love, never work a day in your life.”
- “It is not who you are underneath…but it is what you do that defines you.”
You probably recognized a few of those quotes. If you figured out the last one you’ll definitely see why my favorite meaningful movie quote comes from:
“Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.”
What a fantastic quote and a perfect way to think about our low points in a new way. I like to think about Christopher Nolan typing away not knowing how much that line would impact my life.
But it does and I’m extremely thankful for that. Not to mention the film itself is incredible.
Have a favorite? Comment below.