As I was packing for a recent trip home, I decided it would be a good challenge to create a story on route to the airport and then write the screenplay on the plane.
It’s an interesting challenge as I wanted to make up something new and have a fully developed short screenplay by the time I landed.
Then I had another idea…
I thought it would be a unique idea to document it with my iPhone as my journey would include virtually every major form of transportation.
- It began with a bus ride to the subway station.
- I then had to transfer to a different subway.
- Once I left the transit system, I got a little lost. (I’ve never flown from Toronto Island before.) So I took a cab to the airport.
- Then I got on a boat and made the short 5 minute trip across a canal.
- From there I checked in and boarded my plane home.
- Thanks to my iPhone, I’ve got video of the entire journey.
How did it go?
I’m happy to report I did in fact come up with a story called Cross Town. By the time the plane was taking off, I had my iPhone in hand using the Scripts Pro app.
I’ll have more on the screenplay, the documentary and the journey in a bit!
In the mean time, check out Mobile Screenwriting Round Up.