The original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles remains one of my favorite movies of all time.
I grew up surrounded by turtle action figures, cartoons, comics and movies. Seeing them on the big screen was unlike anything I had ever seen and, like many in my generation, I’ve been quoting the film ever since.
I suppose, this is basically a collection of Michelangelo’s best lines but others snuck in there as well.
10. “Don’t know, but I bet it never has to look for a can-opener” Michelangelo
… Donatello’s laugh gets me every time in this clip.
9. “Ninja. Vanish.” Tatsu
The runner up for this spot was Tatsu’s “aaaaaaaaatack!”
8. “Cricket? Nobody understands cricket! You gotta know what a crumpet is to understand cricket!” Raphael
Raphael takes on Wayne Gretzky on steroids in one of the film’s most memorable exchanges. Keep reading for more on this scene.
7. “Brrrrrrrweeeeon. Let’s go for it!” Michelangelo
Who doesn’t get that excited when pizza is mentioned? … Did I spell noise that right?
6. “Here goes Gak-Face” Donatello
Camel breath, elf lips, dome head…
5. “Pizza dude’s got 30 seconds…” Michelangelo
4. “The class is pain 101… Your instructor is Casey Jones” Casey Jones
Casey Jones’ battle with Raf is easily one of the most quoted scenes in the film.
3. “A fellow chucker eh?” Michelangelo
Keep practicing! I think it’s hilarious how impressed the foot soldier is after Michelangelo’s first routine.
2. “Wise men say forgiveness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza.” Michelangelo
1. “Pork rind? … Pork rind” Michelangelo & Donatello
Here is my favorite moment from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Secret of the Ooze.