We started pre-production right around the time I began this blog. As a result, there are a ton of posts on this site dealing with virtually every aspect of the production process.
Right now, I’m just about finished rolling out a series of posts on our 3 day shoot and I’m planning a recap as soon as the final post is published.
I also thought it would be a good idea to collect all of the posts I’d written leading up to the shoot.
Many of them deal with the challenges of producing a short film on a low budget. It certainly wasn’t easy…
- 17 West’s Newest Short Film Is…
- The Climb’s 1st Location Scout
- Screenwriting: Rewriting The Climb
- I Like Working
- I Like Working: The Follow Up
- Meet The Cast Of The Climb
- Storyboarding When You Can’t Draw
- Designing The Tattoos
- 17 West Productions’ Brass Meeting
- What A Busy Week
- The Director Of Photography
- First Tattoo Sketches And Tests
- No Budget Filmmaking: Producing A Short Film
- The Need To Edit A Movie
- Improving The Screenplay
- Pre-Production Day
- Final Make-Up Tests
- Wardrobe And Props
- Rehearsing A Short Film
- Tweaking Your Screenplay
- Directing Short Films: The Calm Before The Storm
- Making Progress
- Making A Short Film: The Little Details
- Final Location Scouts
- It Begins!
Hopefully, this gives you a look at how we pulled off our latest short film.
The Climb will probably be our last low budget short for a while as we are now actively planning some bigger and more ambitious films. However, it was definitely a fantastic experience!
Stay tuned for more on The Climb’s production process including more on the actual production as well as in depth details on the post-production process.