If you are an active member of the online community or in internet terms, a netizen, then you must already be aware about the large quantity of spammers present in the platform. These days, almost everyone has an account in gmail and it is not uncommon for them to receive a bulk of messages from spammers everyday. Fortunately, gmail controls the overflow of this spam message by sending it to the spam folder. Sometimes, though, you may be sending important mail that may somehow end up in the junk folder, in which case doing a spam test can be very helpful.
When you test spam messages, you have to go to the official site of a mail tester. Once you go to the site, you can copy the concerned email address in the plain box. You can then send the mail to this email address and then click on the check your score option. The mail tester will automatically start testing whether your mail is solicited or not. This test is determined by a 10 point rating scale where your mail needs to have a high score so as to eliminate the chances of ending up in the junk folder.
Now you may be wondering why many messages are marked as spam. Here are some of the reasons why.
- Gmail identifies a message or emails as spam when the sender sends a bulk of promotional mails in one go to a large number of email accounts.
- This process of sending messages in a large pile to a huge number of users is referred to as spam.
Prevent spam mail
Sometimes, you may be sending important messages without the intention of spamming the receiver’s inbox. In order to avoid this happenstance, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Firstly, you can try limiting the number of users you are sending the email to. If you have to send it to a large list on a mandatory basis then you can send it in halves. You can divide the list into parts and then send the mail in turns.
- You should also try to send only one mail in one go because one of the main reasons why spam messages are called spam is because they are sent continuously to the recipient. Hence, you should also limit the emails you send along with the number of recipients.
- If you do have to send important messages or emails in one go, then you can conduct a spam test so that you can have an idea whether your email is going to end up in the inbox or in the spam folder of the recipient.
Ending up in one’s spam folder is certainly not something anyone desires. However, it is not on the sender to decide whether their mail gets sent to the recipient’s inbox or to their junk. This is for gmail to decide. Hence, you can keep the above instructions in mind and create and send a mail accordingly so that your mail is safe from the spam folder.