Are you interested in making your own cannabis edibles but don’t know where to start? You’re in luck! This blog will give you a crash course on everything you need to know about making cannabis edibles, from the basics of decarboxylation to some of our favorite recipes. By the time you’re finished reading, you’ll be an expert on all things edible!
Why Make Edibles?
So why bother making your own buy my weed online edibles when you can just buy them from a dispensary? For starters, homemade edibles are usually much cheaper than store-bought options. In addition, when you make your own edibles, you have complete control over both the potency and flavor. Not to mention, it’s a lot of fun! Trust us; once you get the hang of it, you’ll be hooked.
What You’ll Need?
Before we jump into the fun part (the recipes!), let’s go over a few things you’ll need to get started.
- First and foremost, you’ll need cannabis. If you don’t have any on hand, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered with our beginner’s guide to buying cannabis.
- Second, you’ll need something to grind your cannabis with. A coffee grinder or food processor will work just fine.
- Lastly, you’ll need some type of fat – this could be butter, oil, or even milk. The fat is necessary for the decarboxylation process, which we’ll talk more about later.
The Decarboxylation Process
Decarboxylation is an important step in making edibles because it activates the THC in cannabis. Without decarboxylation, your edibles would be much less potent. Luckily, decarboxylation is easy! All you need to do is spread your ground cannabis on a baking sheet and bake it in the oven at 240 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes. Once your cannabis is finished decarbonizing, it will be brown or greenish-brown in color and will be slightly crumbly to the touch.
Now that we’ve gone over the basics let’s get to the good stuff: the recipes! These are some of our favorite edible recipes for beginners.
- Cannabis Chocolate Bars: These chocolate bars are potent, delicious, and easy to make! Start by melting some chocolate in a double boiler. Once the chocolate is melted, add your desired amount of decarboxylated cannabis and stir until combined. Then pour the mixture into a mold (a silicone ice cube tray works great for this) and place it in the fridge to set. Once the chocolate is hard, pop out the bars and enjoy!
- Cannabis Gummies: These gummies are perfect for those who want a tasty treat with a kick. Start by combining 1/2 cup of juice or flavored liquid with 1/4 cup of plain gelatin powder in a saucepan over low heat. Once the gelatin has dissolved completely, add 1/4 cup of honey (or agave nectar) and 1 gram of decarboxylated cannabis. Stir until combined, then remove from heat and pour into molds (again, silicone ice cube trays work great). Place in fridge until set, and enjoy!
We hope this blog has inspired you to try making your own cannabis edibles at home! With just a little bit of effort (and practice), anyone can make delicious and potent edibles right in their own kitchen.